On 11 September, Melbourne Chamber Orchestra launched its 2020 Melbourne season.
Season program highlights include:
- Performances of Vivaldi and Giuliani concertos with guitarist Slava Grigoryan
- Performances of Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No 3 (with Aura Go) and Romance No 1 (with William Hennessy) in celebration of the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth
- Vivaldi’s Four Seasons with a different soloist for each season
- Likely first Australian performances of music by Salieri, Mysliveček and Vivaldi; new arrangements of concerti by Glazunov and Vivaldi; and the premiere of Pantomime by emerging composer Matthew Laing
- Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony conducted by Michael Dahlenburg
The orchestra is a leading tourer of chamber and orchestral music in Victoria. The remainder of the orchestra’s regional touring season for next year will be launched in December. The orchestra’s festival in Daylesford, A Feast of Music, will be launched in October.
The Orchestra is supported through Creative Victoria’s Organisations Investment Program. Other key partners include Medownick Laser Clinic, Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, and the Robert Salzer Foundation.