- This event has passed.
Joyful! Joyful! A Concert Celebrating Christmas and Community
December 1, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm$35
Celebrate the joy of Christmas at our spectacular concert “Joyful! Joyful”, on Saturday December 1st, 3pm at Deakin Edge in Federation Square.
Presented by Play It Forward, this fundraising concert is conducted by founding artistic director, Dr Jonathon Welch AM and features a wonderful star studded cast. It will be a joyous celebration of community, inclusion and music.
What could be more joyful than raising funds to support the iconic Choir of Hard Knocks?
What could be more joyful than coming together to make beautiful music?
What could be more joyful than celebrating “inclusion” in the tenth annual Social Inclusion Week?
This special celebratory concert features the –
- Choir of Hard Knocks in their 13th year
- acclaimed contralto Liane Keegan
- Footscray-Yarraville City Band conducted by Phillipa Edwards, just returning from a tour of Europe and the UK;
- opera stars of the future from XL Arts,
- THECHO!R, now in their 10th year of singing together,
- Adam Przewlocki as our brilliant accompanist…
- and the Play It Forward massed choir Latrobe Valley Community Choir, Voices of Casey, Choir of Opportunity, All Together Choir, Voices of the Alfred and Western Health Singers, drawn from right across Melbourne and into regional Victoria.
Jonathon said, “I am thrilled that Play it Forward, my exciting new organisation providing arts inclusion for all Australians, is presenting our first major concert in support of the award winning Choir of Hard Knocks, to help them continue their inspiring work.
It will be a truly joyful celebration and a magnificent end to another year of wonderful music making.”
Please book tickets now at www.playitforward.org.au
Ticket prices are $35 full, $25 concession & children U16 and $99 family.